Christmas is coming - get this plum recipe!
Perfect for: Parties / Afternoon Tea
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Serves: 8 slices
For the crust:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup spelt flour
- 1 scoop White Wolf Vegan Vanilla protein
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick/8 tablespoons) cold vegan butter, cut into small cubes**
- ¼ cup ice water (have more on hand)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
For the filling:
- 6 large or 8 small Italian plums, pitted and cut into thin slices
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 heaping tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or agave
- Mix flours, protein, sugar and salt in a food processor with butter – pulse until size of peas.
- Mix in ice water and vinegar to flour mixture. As soon as the dough holds without being sticky it is ready to go!
- Put dough in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 200g when dough is finished chilling.
- Toss plums, sugar, salt, lemon and flour.
- Flour a work surface and roll out your dough to a circle.
- Pile the plum mixture into the centre of the galatte then fold edges over the filling
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until crust is a deep golden.