Perfect for: Snack
Preparation Time: 1 hour
For the bun:
For the bun:
200g wholemeal spelt flour
215ml plant based milk of coconut milk)
85 g of sweetener (maple syrup is ideal)
60 g of macadamia nut oil
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
80 grams of sultanas, currants or raisins
For the glaze:
Mix ½ teaspoon of cinnamon with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and 1 teaspoon of water.
For the cross: Note: You will need a piping bag
Mix 2 tablespoons of flour with enough water to form a dough. Roll it into little sausages to lay over the buns in a cross
- Preheat your oven to 160
- Place your flour in a big bowl and make a well in the middle.
- In a blender or food processor, mix ingredients for about a minute until well combined and a little.
- Gently mix in your dried fruit to the flour and fold through gently until just combined. Don’t over mix it.
- Place mixture into fist sized balls on a tray evenly enough apart so that they can broken apart (approx 1cm apart)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through (firm to touch in the middle). Brush over the glaze whilst hot.
- Enjoy hot out of the oven or toasted in a sandwich press.
- Can be frozen in an airtight bag or container.