A Nutritious Vegan Protein Snack
Salted caramel is delicious but often loaded with sugar. Here’s a caramel vegan protein version with no added sugar, soy and egg free. It only takes 20 minutes to create (less time than it takes to buy a commercial version of this). The cashews, almonds and vegan protein will stave off hunger pangs and keep you feeling satisfied for longer. The coconut oil is high in MCT which potentially helps with better brain and memory as well as increased endurance. Cocoa may reduce high blood pressure, lower risk of heart attack and stroke and improve mood. Combined with caramel vegan protein you have a potentially mood-lifting and energy-enhancing snack.
Perfect for: Snack
Preparation Time: 20 minutes or less
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup dates, soaked overnight
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- ½ scoop WW salted caramel protein
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup raw cacao
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- Blend all the base ingredients and spoon into silicon cupcake moulds.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Blend all the salted caramel ingredients and spoon on top of the base in the silicon cupcake moulds.
- Freeze for 4 hours.
- Add all the chocolate layer ingredients into a pan and cook until all combined and melted.
- Pour over the silicon moulds.
- Freeze overnight
Can be stored in the freezer and brought out for 15 minutes before eating.
RECIPE BY FUNCTIONAL FOODIES